When beginning a new year, a lot of people sit down and write out some new year resolutions or goals of some sort. It’s a healthy habit to take time to identify places where growth is necessary. But there is also something to be said for acknowledging a job well done. When we see ourselves doing something we couldn’t have done a year ago, it inspires us and gives confidence that we can do the next good thing!
So, in the spirit of celebrating our victories, we wanted to share our top 10 blog posts from 2018!
- Ultimate Guide to Discbound Planners – A few years ago, I ran across a blog post where someone shared their discbound planner and my life was changed forever! Yes, I know that sounds a little dramatic, but I absolutely love the disc binding system. I get loads of question about what a discbound planner is, how it works, and how to get set up, so I thought I would compile the ultimate guide to discbound planning!
- Planner Sizes Cheat Sheet – I get asked frequently about planner page sizes. What size is best? Which planner inserts are compatible with each other? Is A5 the same as half size? I created this guide to help clear up all the planner size confusion!!
- Printable Weekly Calendar – This one is a throwback to the beginning of 2018! This is a super useful printable weekly calendar. This one has received rave reviews. When we posted about it on Instagram, that post received the most likes of any of our posts!
- Laundry Basket 411 – Laundry. It’s a dreaded household task, but one we are all stuck with. Whether you’re knee deep in onesies, scrubbing grass-stains out of soccer shorts every night, or happily doing (only) 1-2 loads a week (we are jealous!), you might as well have the best gear to get the job done. We went on a mission to find the best tools for the task.
- Reverse Decluttering – We all need to declutter, right? I can’t tell you how many times I’ve said, “we need to get rid of half the stuff in this house.” Then I try to figure out what to get rid of, and I get stuck! I glance through my stuff and I can’t see anything that needs to go. It’s a dead end. If you’ve experienced a similar situation, I have help. It’s called reverse decluttering.
- Goal Setting 101 – I used to be a total goal accomplishing failure. I could set goals with the best of them – mapping out my 10-year, 5-year, and 1-year goals. And then breaking them down into smaller tasks and assigning those to specific months, weeks, or days. But, then I never actually finished any of them!!! While I still don’t have it all figured out, I have made a lot of progress at accomplishing my goals over the past few years, and I’d love to share what I’ve learned with you.
- The Ultimate Gift Guide for Planner Girls – Do you want to find the perfect gift for the planner girl in your life? Or maybe you want to add some things to your own wishlist or you want to treat yourself (it’s okay – I won’t tell). I’m here to help with the Ultimate Planner Girl Gift Guide.
- The 2019 Sweet Life Planner – We have worked so hard to bring you the best planner possible for 2019. We listened to your feedback and added countless new and improved daily planner pages and weekly planner pages to the new Sweet Life Planner! I just know you are going to love it!
- Garage Sale Tips – I’m going to share my absolute best garage sale tips with you, so you can have a super successful garage sale. The funny thing is that if you had asked me 5 years ago, I would have told you NOT to bother with a garage sale and just donate all your stuff.
- Container Store Favorites – It’s no secret that we LOVE The Container Store here at I Heart Planners. We laugh that we could literally spend all day in that store – wandering up and down the aisles, dreaming of the Elfa Systems we would put in our homes, trying to find the perfect use for every single organizing product. So…one day, Shelby and I did just that. We went to our local Container Store and found our favorite organizing products.
- RUNNER UP: Ultimate Guide to an Organized Move – One thing I have a lot of experience with is moving. There are a couple key things I have learned over the years and over many moves (both across town and across country moves). First, the more organized you are about how you move and packing, the smoother everything will go. Second, no matter how complete and detailed you make your moving checklist, things will still get a little bit hectic, and that’s okay! It’s that way for everyone. I’ve compiled some of the best moving tips for you plus I’m sharing my complete system for an organized move. This system has been tried and tested and has worked extremely well for us.
What was your favorite post this year? We'd love to hear from you and what you enjoyed the most!