Organizing Projects You Can Tackle in Under 15 Minutes
Do you ever feel like you don’t have time to get organized? I feel that way sometimes, and from what you all have told me, time is one of the biggest things holding you back from getting more organized. In the ideal world, perhaps we would have entire free afternoons to devote to completely overhauling our closet, or revamping our paper files, or reorganizing the toys. The good news is that you can accomplish a lot in just 15 minutes! You might be shocked at what a difference you can make in just a few minutes.
The next time you have just 15 extra minutes, tackle one of these projects:
- Reorganize your junk drawer. I did this a few weeks ago. My kitchen utensil drawer has seriously been a total disaster for months! It was super depressing because it's a drawer we use all the time, and I saw the mess regularly. I was finally fed up, yanked everything out, wiped it down, and put everything back in an orderly manner. It took less than 15 minutes! Seriously, why didn't I do it sooner? I could have found 15 minutes and saved months of cringing every time I opened the drawer. Click here to see how I organize my kitchen “junk” drawer.
- Tidy up your desk area. I love doing this, because it can make such a dramatic change in an area I look at all the time. Having a neat and tidy desk helps me feel so much more inspired and motivated to work. Click here to see how I organize my desk area.
- Organize your computer desktop. Your computer desktop is something you see all the time and it can get out of control fast! Take just a few minutes to tidy it up. Here's a post that walks you through exactly how to easily and quickly create an organizing graphic for yourself.
- Pick 5 items to donate or throw away. It doesn't take long at all to pick a few items that you don't need anymore. If you're going to donate them, go ahead and put the items in a box and put it in your car right away to drop off the next time you are running errands.
- Organize your email inbox. It doesn't take long to set up some gmail filters to keep your email inbox organized. This will significantly cut down on the time it takes you to check and process your email. If you're not familiar with gmail filter, see how they work here.
What organizing projects do you tackle when you have a few extra minutes?
Sign up to receive the free Get Organized Once and For All ecourse.
Pingback: I LOVE secrets? - Passions of a Leetown Lady
I don’t remember the source so as to give it credit. I previously was using the newest Gmail multiple categories and also using many of the colored stars & punctuation icons to “organize” the inbox.
I switched Gmail back to only two categories: 1. Important and 2. Everything else Then, I kept only the gold star in use (Cogwheel, Settings, Stars, Presets: 1 star & Stars in use: Gold star).
I mark any email with the important icon on main page. I use the gold star to mark any items I want to pay attention to.
In addition, I keep mail notifications off and keyboard shortcuts on. Mail notifications serve to scatter my focus my attention, so I keep them off. I keep on and use Gmail Keyboard shortcuts to save time.
LauraJane SaysPost author
These are so awesome! When my desk is nicely organized I feel like I can get so much more accomplished! Thank you so much! This inspires me to get a little organizing done today, thanks!!
Emily @ My Love for Words Says
I love a quick decluttering project! (Though I fear my desk would probably take longer than 15 minutes.) The sorted and organized desktop is such a good idea. 🙂
Pingback: Friday Favorites! (7/8/16) - The Inspiration Lady
Loving all your Pampered Chef tools!