How to Organize Your Closet
I recently completely reorganized our master closet (details coming soon), so I definitely have closets on my mind. I also feel like spring is a great time to tackle projects like that.
I wanted to share some of my favorite closet organizing inspiration from around the web if you're looking to refresh your own closet.
- Realistic Linen Closet Organization – This post from Organizing Moms is just so true to life! How many of us use our linen closet as a “catch all” for sheets, toiletries, and other things that don't have a place of their own? Her step-by-step tutorial turning this catch-all into a gorgeous and functional space jumped out at me right away. I think you'll love it!
- DIY Master Closet from Polished Habitat – This before and after is just stunning! And I know not many of us have large master closets like this, but I think there are some terrific ideas that can be borrowed and incorporated into a closet of any size. The pull-out valet bar, for instance…and all the little glam details. So fun.
- Organizing My Closets from Southern Hospitality – This post shows how something as simple as switching out all your hangers can have a huge impact on your overall closet feel and organization. I thought this tip was a great suggestion and a good place to start when you're wanting to dive into closet organizing.
- Transform Your Closet from Graceful Order – There are 10 different tips to transform your closet, including things like displaying the things you have in a way that makes you want to wear and use them, and color-coding your wardrobe. I think you'll really like these useful and unique tips.
- Closet Organization for Kids – Another great post from Polished Habitat, because you can't forget your kid's closets too! One of the best parts of this before and after is that there was ZERO construction, painting, etc. Everything is non-permanent and flexible.
- 12 Ways to Organize your Closet with IKEA from Making it in the Mountains – Her whole closet make-over is so fantastic, but I especially appreciated this post that included common IKEA items in a unique way.
I hope you enjoyed these finds from around the internet. I can't wait to share my closet with you soon!
Sign up to receive the free Get Organized Once and For All ecourse.
Lisa Oswald Says
Wow! These closets look phenomenal! I clean mine and they only stay that way for a few weeks. Oh well!
Kim cripps Says
I love all the big closets but we have small doored, narrow 5 foot long closets. Narrow as in hangers barely fit on the rod. Ideas?
LauraJane SaysPost author
I don’t have experience with closets that narrow. You could try folding or even those hanging clothing sorters to put on the rod.
Kim cripps Says
Tried them! Closets are to narrow for them.
Thanks for including my linen closet organization project! 🙂