I’m super excited to be kicking off the 21 Day Self Discipline Challenge along with Crystal from ServingJoyfully.com and Erin from HomeWithTheBoys.net!
I announced the challenge last week in this post. I really need this challenge, and I’m super excited to have you all join me, so we can all keep each other accountable.
So if you’re ready, let’s jump in. Here’s what you need to do:
- If you haven’t already done so, buy the 21 Days to a More Disciplined Life ebook. (It’s only $4.99, so it shouldn’t break the bank. My review of the book is here.) We’ll all be following this book together in our challenge.
- Go ahead and read the introduction and day one of the book. Complete the Day One assignment.
- One part of your assignment was to choose a “Mega-Project” to work on for the next 21 days of the challenge along with completing a small nagging task. If you have a blog, write a post telling us about what you hope to gain from the challenge, how you felt after completing your nagging task, and which mega-project you’re going to tackle. (Can’t you just imagine how great you will feel on November 21 when that project is complete?) Then come back and link your post up to the linky below. You only need to enter you post on one blog, and it will auto-magically show up on both blogs. If you don’t have a blog, just leave the same information in the comments of this post.
- If you are into Twitter, follow Erin (@homewiththeboys) who is leading the Twitter part of the challenge, and start using the hashtag #disciplined21 to talk about the challenge. If Twitter isn’t you’re thing, that’s totally fine. This part is optional, but I’m certainly going to be tweeting away!
- Share your participation in the challenge with everyone you can. Of course we will be here with you to cheer you along every step of the way, but the more people you share it with, the more accountability you create. I’d suggest sharing it with anyone who lives in your household, your close friends, and maybe on your Facebook page. Who knows, maybe some of your friends or family will even want to join you? Here’s a button you can use on your blog if you’d like.
<a href=”http://confessionsofarecoveringchocoholic.com/2012/10/23/21-days-to-a-more-disciplined-life-review/” target=”_blank”><img src=”http://confessionsofarecoveringchocoholic.com/Button21DayChallenge.jpg” alt=”SuperSweetLife” width=”125″ height=”125″ /></a>
- Crystal (from ServingJoyfully.com) and I will be alternating each day of posting about the challenge. As you read the book and complete the challenge for each day, come back here or to her blog and let us know how you did in the comments. It might be helpful to keep track if you subscribe via e-mail to each of our blogs in by entering your e-mail address over near the upper right. Super important step here: Even if you totally bomb a day or two or far more, totally neglect to complete the daily challenge, and take a complete nose dive off the self discipline wagon, absolutely still come back here and tell us about it. That’s when you need us the most! We won’t berate you, but we’ll be here to give you a gentle nudge back onto the right track and give you some confidence to keep going the next day. Got that?
- We’ll be hosting another linky on midway through the challenge, and one on the final day of the challenge on Nov 21. We expect to see you all back then telling us about your wonderful progress.